SIMPLY CAROLE

SIMPLY CAROLE
CAROLE LOMBARD - My Favorite Actress

Thursday, May 5, 2011

My Fictional Interview with Audrey Hepburn

A few weeks ago I wrote a post about a fictional interview between me and Best Classic Movie Actress winner Irene Dunne. I got a lot of positive feedback on it and questions about when would I do another one. Well here it is, with Audrey Hepburn, the recent birthday girl. Take it away Audrey.

Me: I am proud to introduce to all my readers the wonderful Audrey Hepburn. Audrey, glad to have you here.

Audrey: Oh, it's lovely to be here Monty. I've heard such great things about your blog that I was glad you invited me.

Me: Thank you Audrey. So yesterday was your birthday. How was it? Anything special happen?

Audrey: Not really, just a quiet dinner with family and friends. I did get this rather large cake with designs of My Fair Lady on the icing. It was very beautiful.

Me: Speaking of My Fair Lady, which is one of my favorite film of yours, it came in second on a poll yesterday asking fans for their favorite movie of yours. I'm sure you know what was number 1.

Audrey: Uh...Green Mansions? HaHaHaHa. Just kidding. I'm assuming it was Breakfast at Tiffany's.

Me: Yes it was, by quite a large number too. Is that your favorite role?

Audrey: It was a great role. Holly Golightly was a new kind of character that audiences had never seen before and I had a great time playing her. But I also had a fabulous time playing Eliza. That was an amazing experience.

Me: Talking about amazing experiences, not too many people remember that you sang for President JFK on his birthday in 1963, before his assasination. Everyone remembers when Marilyn Monroe did it the previous year, but you rarely get noticed for your effort.

Audrey: Well Monty, we are talking about Marilyn. And her version was pretty sexy. But I thought mine was good. And it was an honor to do it. I just wished I could have done it again but fate was not kind to him that year.

Me: Ok, Audrey I have to ask what did you think of your performance in my recent classic movie actress tournament?

Audrey: While I had fun being in it Monty, it was difficult competing against my fellow actresses and some close friends. I was humbled that you had me ranked so high.

Me: Audrey, you burst onto the scene in the 50's and just had a phenomenal run that decade with films like Roman Holiday, Funny Face, Sabrina, to name a few. You most defintely deserved the top ranking.

Audrey: You forgot to mention Green Mansions.

Me: I take it you didn't care for that movie.

Audrey: Oh, it was alright. It was rather bizarre don't you think. I felt kind of out of place with that one.

Me: It's a little strange. But you went quite far in the tourney before losing to Grace, who I thought you were going to beat.

Audrey: Well Grace is wonderful and she has a lot of fans as well. And it was a close and exciting match. I was on pins and needles.

Me: So Audrey, you will be my Classic Movie Goddess for the month of December and I can't wait. You will be the star attraction for the entire month.

Audrey: Monty, you flatter me. I really don't consider myself a goddess. I'm just a woman who has been fortunate to have had a pretty good career.

Monty: Audrey, you're awesome. And I can't believe I haven't had you before as a Classic Movie Goddess. I've been blogging for almost 2 years now and that is probably one of my worst mistakes I've made. Not having you here sooner.

Audrey: Well thank you Monty. You're far too kind. I am looking forward to it myself. I've been following this month's actress..Lee Remick and I can't wait to see more. Lee came along around the same time I did and I think she is just amazing. Did so many wonderful films. I especially loved her in Anatomy of a Murder. She gave a star-making performance with that film.

Monty: Me too Audrey. Well I don't want to keep you any longer. I just wanted to wish you a very Happy Birthday and to let you know how much we here in blogland love you. You're the best.

Audrey: Thanks Monty. And to all my fans..God Bless and I love you all.

Me: Thanks for coming by Audrey. Love you.

3 comments:

Irene Palfy said...

This - again - was fun to read. And I still want MORE of it!! :") Have a nice week-end, Monty!

Anonymous said...

Beautifully written and very much how Audrey Hepburn would have answered the questions me thinks. : )

Dawn said...

A wonderful interview. I am looking forward to th next one.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails