SIMPLY CAROLE

SIMPLY CAROLE
CAROLE LOMBARD - My Favorite Actress

Thursday, December 20, 2012

Round Three concludes with Nick and Nora still in the mix....

Another number seed is shown the door as round three of the favorite screwball film tourney wraps up. It Happened One Night (a number one seed) falls to His Girl Friday, my fave film ever btw 21-17 in the Frank Capra bracket. The other two number 1 seeds won their matches. My Man Godfrey destroyed Ball of Fire 27-11. While overall tourney top seed Bringing Up Baby thrashed To Be or Not To Be by the same score. The last match had The Thin Man beating The Lady Eve 23-16. Which sets up two intriguing semi-final matches involving 1 and 2 seeds in both matches. My Man Godfrey will take on His Girl Friday and Bringing Up Baby takes on The Thin Man. These matches will begin tomorrow and run through Monday evening.

Congratulations guys on making it to the next round. I'm pulling for you to win the whole thing.

1 IT HAPPENED ONE NIGHT 17
2 HIS GIRL FRIDAY 21

1 MY MAN GODFREY 27
7 BALL OF FIRE 11

1 BRINGING UP BABY 27
2 TO BE OR NOT TO BE 11

2 THE THIN MAN 23
4 THE LADY EVE 16

2 comments:

Suzane Weck said...

Excelente teu blog,è sempre um prazer passar por aqui,e ver estas lindas fotos e textos muito bem escritos.Meu abraço.SU.

Patti said...

Well, my participation in this tourney is now at an end, since I don't like any of the 4 remaining films. And, 2 of the 4 are among my "hate it" films!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails