SIMPLY CAROLE

SIMPLY CAROLE
CAROLE LOMBARD - My Favorite Actress

Tuesday, December 25, 2012

It will be Cary Grant vs. Cary Grant for favorite Screwball film

The two semi-final matches were very close but in the end, two Cary Grant films edged out two William Powell films to set up an all Cary Grant final match in the favorite screwball film tourney. Overall top seed Bringing Up Baby beat The Thin Man 13-10 while 2nd seed His Girl Friday slid by the other top seed My Man Godfrey 12-9. It is great news for me as Friday and Baby are my number 1 and 2 favorite films of all time. So when the final match begins and whoever wins, I will be good with either outcome. But I will be pulling for Friday just slightly. The match begins right now and will run through Sunday evening. Then I can declare the winner of All Good Things Favorite Screwball Film.


FINAL MATCH

1 BRINGING UP BABY (1938)



VS



2 HIS GIRL FRIDAY (1940)


1 comment:

Unknown said...

oh I'm glad, gotta love Archie!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails