SIMPLY CAROLE

SIMPLY CAROLE
CAROLE LOMBARD - My Favorite Actress

Sunday, December 23, 2012

Hall Of Fame Inductees for December: GRETA GARBO and JEAN HARLOW

I know I missed during an induction for my Hall of Fame last month but was busy with work and stuff. Here I am to present two inductees for the month of December though. Two of the most iconic classic film actresses ever..Greta Garbo and Jean Harlow. Both gain admittance to the Hall of Fame by virtue of their Montie winning performances as Best Actress for their respective films.


First up, Greta won her Montie (my version of the Oscar for those new to my blog) for her grand performance as Grusinskaya the Dancer in 1932's Grand Hotel. Some will say it is not such a great performance and that co-star Joan Crawford delivered the better performance. I can argue for both points as I also awarded Joan a Montie as Best Supporting Actress for her role as Flaemmchen. I do like Greta's work here in Hotel but it is not my favorite performance of hers. That would be Ninotchka. Regardless, she is now in All Good Things Hall of Fame.


And our second inductee is none other than Jean Harlow. Jean nabbed a Best Actress Montie for 1933's Bombshell, one of my all time favorite screwball comedies. As major screen star Lola Burns, Jean is on fire and gives one of her best film performances ever. And now she joins an exclusive club in my Hall of Fame.

Give a warm welcome to these two legendary film actresses. I will return next month with two more inductees.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails