SIMPLY CAROLE

SIMPLY CAROLE
CAROLE LOMBARD - My Favorite Actress

Sunday, January 15, 2012

Be My Guest - Emily (Part 3)

Another week and another sit down with Emily, my guest for the month. Let's get started shall we:

Me: What are some of your favorite film quotes?




Emily: “If I had her money I’d be richer than she is.”
-Breakfast At Tiffany’s


“There’s a name for you, ladies, but it isn’t used in high society…outside of a kennel!”
-The Women


“He’s still David Larrabee and you’re still the chauffer’s daughter. And you’re still reaching for the moon.


“No, father. The moon is reaching for me.”
-Sabrina


Me: I always use that quote from the Women. Well not to people but when I write about the film.


 Me: What classic films have you yet to see for one reason or another?



Emily: “Casablanca”. One of the most iconic and loved film ever made. Number two on the AFI list. I have no interest. Don’t know why, especially since I like both actors. Don’t think I’ll ever see it.

Me: I saw it for the first time when I was 22, when I was stationed in Germany. Good film.




Me: What is your favorite genre?


Emily: I like musicals, anything with tap dancing. I love romantic comedies because I want to see the costumes and I have more favorite women on the screen than men. Not a fan really of film noir or action/war films but I’ll watch them. Dramas are a favorite too. It is rare that I will see an oldie film and not like it.
 
Me: I love musicals too. If you like tap dancing then you have to love Eleanor Powell. She was amazing.
 
Ok, so this will end part 3 of my interview with Emily. Be back next week with our final chat with Emily. In the meantime, be sure to check our her wonderful blog at this link: the silver screen affair

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails