SIMPLY CAROLE

SIMPLY CAROLE
CAROLE LOMBARD - My Favorite Actress

Thursday, April 5, 2012

Happy Birthday Bette Davis (1908 - 1989)

Happy Birthday to Bette Davis. I can't believe TCM is not showing a movie or two in her honor today. But that's cool. Because one of my recent birthday gifts was a Bette DVD collection consisting of Jezebel, Dark Victory, Old Acquaintance and Now, Voyager (of which Voyager is the only one I have never seen). So looks like I will have a mini-marathon of Bette movies when I get home from work today. At least watch Now, Voyager and one other film. Probably Dark Victory. Sounds like a good double bill..don't you think?

7 comments:

Mythical Monkey said...

Never seen Now, Voyager? I think it's my second favorite Bette Davis movie, behind only All About Eve. Have fun!

Kimberly J.M. Wilson said...

I hope you finally watch it, Monty!

Unknown said...

I like Now, Voyager very much!I hope you'll like it too!Dark Victory was her favorite!Have fun!

KC said...

I think you'll like Now, Voyager. I was going to say Dark Victory would make it kind of a downer double bill, but really all those movies are that way. It's all good though; it's Bette! Have fun.

Patti said...

Greetings from Florida, my friend!! I LOVE LOVE LOVE Now, Voyager (as you already know!!). Can't wait to hear what you think of it...Dark Victory too. Though I love many of Bette's films, those are my top 2!!

Kristen said...

I'm assuming it's the TCM box set? I just saw this same boxset at Barnes and Noble and asked my parents for it as a grad gift. I'm far behind on my knowledge of Bette Davis! Happy Birthday Bette!

VKMfanHuey said...

Bette was truly the greatest... hey, dude, ya GOTTA see 'Now, Voyager'... one of her best, among MANY.

Thanks for hosting the 'Final Four'...it's incredible how Ginger is doing... never knew there were that many Ginger folks out there - but, a few days back, I had 260 hits on my site...that's about twice as many as usual...so, I just chalk it up to that...

Thanks, Monte! Hope ya have a great weekend!

VKMfanHuey
---

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails