SIMPLY CAROLE

SIMPLY CAROLE
CAROLE LOMBARD - My Favorite Actress

Wednesday, July 13, 2011

It's No. 1 CARY GRANT vs. No.2 WILLIAM HOLDEN for all the marbles...

In what's sure to be a great championship match...Cary Grant will face William Holden. Well I'm hoping it to be a great match but so far Cary has just rolled through this tournament. He crushed Paul Newman 45-9 and that match was over during the first day. Here are the results of Cary's romp so far: Round 1 he beat Robert Taylor 51-6; Round 2 he beat Joel McCrea 37-9; Round 3 he beat Gary Cooper 30-10; Round 4 he beat Jimmy Stewart 16-10, which was his closest match. William Holden also proved to be very dominant in the 50's bracket. Round 1 he beat Danny Kaye 41-5; Round 2 he beat Montgomery Clift 26-12; Round 3 he beat Kirk Douglas 29-6; and in Round 4 he beat Robert Mitchum 18-12, his closest match. And then the nail biter he just had with William Powell, outlasting him 27-26. So now Grant and Holden will battle for it all starting Thursday morning. The match will run through Sunday 7 pm EST. Good luck to both men.

CLASSIC MOVIE ACTOR CHAMPIONSHIP MATCH

1 CARY GRANT



VS

2 WILLIAM HOLDEN





2 comments:

Patti said...

Right down to the wire for my man Holden, which means the final is my #1 against my #4. You know who I'm going for...but you also know who I really think will win.

Pilar said...

Hi, Can I vote?? If so, my vote is for William Holden,
Thanks :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails