SIMPLY CAROLE

SIMPLY CAROLE
CAROLE LOMBARD - My Favorite Actress

Thursday, July 14, 2011

The MONTIES: My version of the Oscars

Just something I thought of recently, well after seeing my friend John over at Mythical Monkey, where his wife Katie has listed her choices to win best of during any given year. So this is my version and what I thought should have won awards as best of for that particular year. And please just take my choices with a grain of salt and nothing more. I will start with the year 1934 because the earlier years I haven't seen enough of films released during that period.

Thin Man
1934:
(PICTURE )


CLEOPATRA

IT HAPPENED ONE NIGHT

THE THIN MAN (winner)

THE GAY DIVORCEE

KANSAS CITY PRINCESS

TWENTIETH CENTURY
----------------------------------
Nick & Nora from the Thin Man
(ACTOR)

CLARK GABLE (It Happened One Night)

WILLIAM POWELL (The Thin Man) - (winner)

FRED ASTAIRE (The Gay Divorcee)

JOHN BARRYMORE (Twentieth Century)

W.C. FIELDS (It's A Gift)
------------------------------------------
Myrna Loy and William Powell
(ACTRESS)

CLAUDETTE COLBERT (It Happened One Night)

MYRNA LOY (The Thin Man) - winner


GINGER ROGERS (The Gay Divorcee)

JOAN BLONDELL (Kansas City Princess)

GLENDA FARRELL (Kansas City Princess)
-------------------------------------------------
The Thin Man
(DIRECTOR)

FRANK CAPRA (It Happened One Night)

W.S. VAN DYKE (The Thin Man) - winner

HOWARD HAWKS (Twentieth Century)


Supporting actor and actress didn't become a category until 1936, so that's why they are not part of my choices for the year 1934.  As you can tell it was a Thin Man sweep as the film won Monties for Film, Director, Actor and Actress. Edging out another great film, It Happened One Night. Well this is my first attempt at my awards called the Monties. Expect a new post on consecutive years every few day.

3 comments:

Irene Palfy said...

haha - that's fun! Loved it! And: I am eager to see what/who's next!!

Emily Hernandez said...

I am curious to see what the Monties statuette looks like!

UneCinephile said...

Oh how you have stolen my Thin Man loving heart!! I will agree with you on your choices especially for Myrna Loy winning Best Actress.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails