SIMPLY CAROLE

SIMPLY CAROLE
CAROLE LOMBARD - My Favorite Actress

Saturday, July 2, 2011

The Semi-Final Matches for the Men's 60's Era Bracket is set...

There were two blow-out matches and two close matches that wrapped up last night and now we have two semi-final matches all set to go. Top seed Paul Newman rolled over Sean Connery 30-7. Frequent co-stars Jack Lemmon and Tony Curtis did not have a tight race. Lemmon destroyed Curtis 31-7. Sidney Poitier edged out Robert Redford 19-17 in the round's closest match. And the lone upset was when 2nd seed Steve McQueen lost 20-16 to Peter O'Toole. So on to the semi's now with two more exciting matches that will begin immediately and run through Monday 4 PM EST.

SEMI-FINAL MATCH 1

1 PAUL NEWMAN

Paul Newman



VS



4 JACK LEMMON





--------------------------------------

SEMI-FINAL MATCH 2

3 SIDNEY POITIER

In the Heat of the Night


VS



7 PETER O'TOOLE

Peter O'Toole

3 comments:

Patti said...

Totally shocked that Steve McQueen lost. Would you believe that I don't even know who Peter O'Toole is? I've never seen anything he's done. Of course, I don't watch many 60's films, so that may be why.

All along, I've been pulling for a Lemmon/Poitier final in this bracket.

Happy 4th to you!! (My dogs will be glad when it's over. My neighbors have been shooting off fireworks for at least a week now, and my dogs are SO spooked. These next 3 days will be a real challenge.)

Irene Palfy said...

The 60s are quite easy IMO..

I love the pictures you picked - esp. Jack Lemmon - well, and Peter O'Toole.. though I am pulling for Mr. Poitier..

ClassicBecky said...

Boy you make this hard! How do you choose beween Sidney and Peter??!!! I managed to do it, but it was a challenge -- and I'm not tellin' until it's all over!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails