SIMPLY CAROLE

SIMPLY CAROLE
CAROLE LOMBARD - My Favorite Actress

Sunday, July 17, 2011

It's official..CARY GRANT is the favorite classic movie actor of ALL GOOD THINGS

No need to be shy Cary, you just won the classic movie actor tournament...

It's over. Cary Grant has beaten William Holden (sorry Patti) 32-11 to win the favorite classic movie actor tournament on ALL GOOD THINGS. It really was never in doubt when this tourney started, who would win this. Cary steamrolled in almost every match he had with the exception of Jimmy Stewart (16-10 Cary's favor was his closest match). Everybody else he faced, he just destroyed. So congratulations to Cary, and good going to for second place finisher William Holden. This has really made my year here on All Good Things, seeing my favorite actor Cary win this, to go along with my number 2 favorite actress Irene Dunne winnning the women's tourney. And they are my favorite on screen couple so it worked out wonderfully. Expect all kind of post celebration things this week in honor of Cary's win. Thanks to all those that voted and helped make this tourney another success. And good news, me and Dawn are doing a tourney to find out the favorite classic film musical on her blog Singin and Dancing Thru Time in September. The fun will continue over there.

6 comments:

FlickChick said...

Well, of course!!!!! I knew Cary could do it - after all he can do anything! Thanks for all the fun, Monte.

Patti said...

Ah, for my guy Bill to have lost so resoundingly...such heartbreak. But I DO love Cary...he's so dashig, distinguished, and classy. So, Mr. Holden lost to a very worthy opponent.

And, with your tourney winners being Grant and Dunne, I can't help but be reminded of one of my all-time favorite films...Penny Serenade. I know they did others together, but I totally love Penny Serenade. They were great together.

Audrey said...

Yay! Congrats to Cary. I can't say I'm surprised that he won. Does anyone *not* like Cary Grant?

Thank you for hosting this tournament, Monty. I think these are so much fun! Perfect that Irene and Cary should win, as they were such a great on-screen couple (as you noted).

KC said...

This isn't a surprise, but I loved the surprises along the way. Great job Monty!

Irene Palfy said...

Oh - great! I am excited about that classical film musical tournament! This will be fun!! :")

Dawn said...

I'm really not surprised. Every one seems to love his movies. Congrats, Cary Grant!! Good job Monty, I know it was a lot of hard work to put together this fun tournament.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails