SIMPLY CAROLE

SIMPLY CAROLE
CAROLE LOMBARD - My Favorite Actress

Friday, March 23, 2012

The Morning Movie: METEOR (1979)

 They are all thinking the same thing...what the hell am I doing in this movie?

As a kid I thought this was a pretty cool movie. Former James Bond (Sean Connery) tries to prevent a meteor from crashing into Earth. Thinking wow..this is awesome. Well I was around 10 or 11 so it didn't take much to wow me. Watching it the other morning I was like oh my god, this movie is awful. Bad special effects, uninteresting characters. And Natalie Wood has this deer in headlights look the whole time. Every time you look at her, she seems to be thinking "what the hell am I doing in this movie?". I second that Natalie, what are you doing in this piece of crap. It had the stellar cast in Connery, Wood, Henry Fonda, Karl Malden, and Brian Keith. But they can't save this one.

3 comments:

E. said...

Haha! I haven't seen this one but could it fall into the it's-so-bad-I-must-watch-it category?

Mythical Monkey said...

I'm a little older than you, Monty -- I saw Meteor in the theater, for money, my money, and if the cast was thinking "what am I doing in this movie?" I guarantee you, I was wondering "what am I doing in this theater?" A bad, bad movie starring actors who deserved better.

Dawn said...

I have not seen this movie.. Sometimes, I have to admit...I enjoy watching.. bad special effects.. They are sometimes a "hoot".

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails