SIMPLY CAROLE

SIMPLY CAROLE
CAROLE LOMBARD - My Favorite Actress

Thursday, March 17, 2011

Classic Movie Actress Tournament (1950's) Era Round 2 Update

Audrey is all smiles after day 1 of her match with Eva Marie Saint

Three of the four matches are tied after day 1. But Audrey Hepburn is cruising past Eva Marie Saint at 29-20. Grace Kelly and Ava Gardner are tied at 22 votes. That's the same tally for Debbie Reynolds and Gloria Grahame. And the fourth match between Liz Taylor and Susan Hayward is deadlocked at 23 votes. So day 2 should be very interesting. Wouldn't it be something if Debbie and Liz both won their matches to set up a face off between them? I'm sure everyone knows of the history between these rivals. Not just in acting but because of Liz having an affair with Debbie's husband Eddie Fisher, who she would eventually marry. But regardless who wins, it should make for an exciting day.

2 comments:

ClassicBecky said...

These are really tight races, Monty! I love your idea for this kind of tournament. I have my favorites, and I'm rooting for them...

Page said...

Monty,
This is turning out to be a fun little tournament and like Becky I have a favorite I'm rooting for.

I had to laugh at the prospect of Taylor and Reynolds duking it out against one another.
Page

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails