SIMPLY CAROLE

SIMPLY CAROLE
CAROLE LOMBARD - My Favorite Actress

Thursday, March 17, 2011

We finally have our first tie....Elizabeth Taylor and Susan Hayward are dead locked


My, oh my, Elizabeth Taylor and Susan Hayward have battled to a tie. So I'm posting a tie-breaker poll in a few minutes. Let me just recap the other matches first. Top seed Audrey Hepburn rolled over Eva Marie Saint 39-21. Ouch! 4th seed Grace Kelly outlasted 5th Ava Gardner 31-27. So Audrey and Grace will meet in one semi-final match which is a marquee matchup. I am pulling for Grace on that one, much to the dismay of my friend Clara who is going with Audrey. We actually have a little bet going on that whoever loses has to write a post for the other one describing why we thought our pick would win. So come on Grace. And that perky Debbie Reynolds came back from an early deficit to beat Gloria Grahame 29-27, ending Gloria's Cinderella run. I must say this era has really been exciting. I was expecting this much drama but it's very entertaining.

1950's Era 2nd Round Final Scores:

1 AUDREY HEPBURN 39
9 EVA MARIE SAINT 21

4 GRACE KELLY 31
5 AVA GARDNER 27

10 DEBBIE REYNOLDS 29
15 GLORIA GRAHAME 27

3 ELIZABETH TAYLOR 29
6 SUSAN HAYWARD 29

The tie-breaker question asks which actress do you think gave the better Oscar winning performance: Susan in 1958's I Want To Live or Liz in 1966's Who's Afraid of Virginia Woolf? The poll will be open until tomorrow at 6pm. Good luck to both women. And the semi-final matches will begin immediately after that match is resolved. Whoever wins will square off against Debbie Reynolds.

1 comment:

Patti said...

I am really hoping Susan can take this one. I think she is fantastic in SO many movies, not just I Want to Live. In my book, she is second only to Bette Davis in her acting abilities. (Of course, my book is often quite different from the books of others!!)

Oh, how hard it is to choose between Audrey and Grace!!!

Thanks for putting this tourney together, Monty. It's been alot of fun.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails