SIMPLY CAROLE

SIMPLY CAROLE
CAROLE LOMBARD - My Favorite Actress

Friday, March 4, 2011

MARCH MADNESS Round Three (Silent/30's ERA) Update

Ten hours into the semi-final matches and things are much closer than in the previous rounds but there is starting to be some separation. In the marquee match up Carole Lombard leads over Myrna Loy 39-28. The other match has Irene Dunne up 37-20 over Claudette Colbert. When these matches came about, I didn't realize at the time but three of the four women are my top 3 favorite actresses of all time. Carole, being  my absolute favorite, followed by Irene, and then Myrna. So I'm definitely conflicted about these matches but I would be lying if I said I wasn't pulling for Carole. These four ladies would have made a heckuva final four in itself, so to have them competing for the one spot in the final four is kind of awesome. By tomorrow evening it will be narrowed down to just two. I can't wait. I will be constantly checking the results to see if there are any big changes. Thanks to all those who have voted and are following this event.

Vote count as of 6pm EST:

MATCH 1:
CAROLE LOMBARD 39 MYRNA LOY 28
MATCH 2:
IRENE DUNNE 37 CLAUDETTE COLBERT 20

4 comments:

Patti said...

Monty, you haven't rigged the voting so your girl Carole wins, have you?

monty said...

No Patti, I have kept things fair and square but I would love it if Carole would win the whole thing. She me favorite and the star of the month and it being my birthday this month as well. It would be great all way around. But we'll see how it goes, anything can happen in this thing. Just look what happened to Greta Garbo.

Renata said...

well, 3 of them are my top favorite actresses too!! Irene is my first, Carole is my second and Claudette is my third but well, of course I voted for Irene this time, I always will =)

I am happy that Carole's winning too!! I voted for her too <3

Irene Palfy said...

I think it would be great if your Lady of the Month would become the winner of this.. ;")

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails