SIMPLY CAROLE

SIMPLY CAROLE
CAROLE LOMBARD - My Favorite Actress

Thursday, March 3, 2011

MARCH MADNESS: The Other ERA'S preview


As the first bracket featuring the silent/30's top actresses winds down, I thought it would be a good idea to list the remaining 3 brackets and the remaining 48 top women for each respective era of the 40's, 50's and 60's. I have them ranked from 1 to 16 so you can see who made the cut and will be competing once this week's bracket is done. So here we go, starting with the 1940's which I believe features the best bracket out of all 4.

1940's:

1. BETTE DAVIS
2. KATHERINE HEPBURN
3. INGRID BERGMAN
4. VIVIEN LEIGH
5. LAUREN BACALL
6. OLIVIA DE HAVILLAND
7. GENE TIERNEY
8. RITA HAYWORTH
9. HEDY LAMARR
10. GREER GARSON
11. LANA TURNER
12. JANE WYMAN
13. ANN SHERIDAN
14. JEANNE CRAIN
15. BETTY GRABLE
16. ESTHER WILLIAMS


1950'S:

1. AUDREY HEPBURN
2. MARILYN MONROE
3. ELIZABETH TAYLOR
4. GRACE KELLY
5. AVA GARDNER
6. SUSAN HAYWARD
7. DEBORAH KERR
8. LESLIE CARON
9. EVA MARIE SAINT
10. DEBBIE REYNOLDS
11. KIM NOVAK
12. JANE RUSSELL
13. ANNE BAXTER
14. SOPHIA LOREN
15. GLORIA GRAHAME
16. CYD CHARISSE



1960'S:

1. DORIS DAY
2. NATALIE WOOD
3. JULIE ANDREWS
4. ANN-MARGRET
5. SHIRLEY MACLAINE
6. JEAN SIMMONS
7. SHIRLEY JONES
8. JANE FONDA
9. CATHERINE DENEUVE
10. FAYE DUNAWAY
11. JEAN SEBERG
12. JULIE CHRISTIE
13. SANDRA DEE
14. JANET LEIGH
15. CLAUDIA CARDINALE
16. SUSANNAH YORK

I know there are tons of notable women that are not here such as Judy Garland, Loretta Young, Paulette Goddard, Eleanor Powell, Anne Francis, Maureen O'Hara etc. I could go on and on but there had to be a line and it was some hard decisions to make. But I promise that I will try to include as many different women the next time. Or it might be one about supporting actors/actresses. I mean the next tournament I do will be about the men, but after that, there are so many different possibilities to choose from. Anyway, I hope everyone has been enjoying this one so far and judging by the amount of votes received, I would say yes. I will have the 1940's bracket posted by Sunday so everyone can start thinking about who they will vote for. And kick off Monday at noon with it as I will be wrapping up the final match of the silent/30's era bracket by then.

2 comments:

Patti said...

Monty, thanks for your recent visit to my classic movie blog...and for following along. I've been blogging for a few years now and have a pretty regular, loyal readership. However, most of my readers aren't the least interested in classic movies, so it's nice to connect with some other folks that do.

Yeah, it's hard to limit the list, isn't it? To come up with my 15 favorite actors and actresses, I had to snub some that I really DO like. And my poor husband is totally crushed that his #1 gal Ginger didn't even make my top 15 list.

Hey, are you wanting people to vote only once on this? Or are some folks loading the ballot box so that their gal wins?

Have a great day,
Patti

Irene Palfy said...

Boy, must be very tough to choose only 16 of each era! There are so marvellous ladies.. :")

I enjoy this very much!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails