SIMPLY CAROLE

SIMPLY CAROLE
CAROLE LOMBARD - My Favorite Actress

Thursday, February 9, 2012

THE MONTIES: A slight delay, but they are coming back soon....

Hi everyone. I know it's been about a month since I did my last Monties. And it's going to be another week or two before I have completed watching films from the year of 1945. One of the main things going on that year was the unbelievable amount of great work by women. Right now I have nine performances in the Best Actress category that are all excellent work. This will be the toughest year yet for me to decide on. That's why I'm re-watching several films to look at those amazing performances again. So if you guys can just bear with me a little while longer, I should have a new edition of the Monties before the month is out. But I will at least list the nine nominees for Best Actress so you guys will have an idea what's going on.

DONNA REED (THEY WERE EXPENDABLE)












MARGARET LOCKWOOD (THE WICKED LADY)
                                    


 
BARBARA STANWYCK (CHRISTMAS IN CONNECTICUT)
                          


 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
JOAN BENNETT (SCARLET STREET)
                                               

 
GENE TIERNEY (LEAVE HER TO HEAVEN)

                                       
                                        

 
JOAN CRAWFORD (MILDRED PIERCE)
                                            



 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
JANE WYMAN (THE LOST WEEKEND)
                                               


















   ANN SAVAGE (DETOUR)                                      




















VIRGINIA MAYO (WONDER MAN)





What an impressive list of nominees. It will make for a most difficult decision when it comes time to decides who will get a Montie for Best Actress of 1945. I will have the answer to that and to all the other categories in a few short weeks.

3 comments:

Renata said...

although I am not a big fan, but I think Joan Crawford was the best that year!

Dennis said...

I adored Donna Reed, a remarkable list of nominees here, Monty, if voting I wouldn't vote for Crawford tho admit it was the biggest performance, she did win the Oscar, after all, love Stanwyck too. Ann Savage was a revelation, but my vote would probably at this moment go to Gene Tierney for Leave Her To Heaven as the self centered bitch.

Dawn said...

My vote will go to Gene Tierney for Leave Her To Heaven!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails