SIMPLY CAROLE

SIMPLY CAROLE
CAROLE LOMBARD - My Favorite Actress

Thursday, February 2, 2012

Be My Guest - Kim (Part 2)

Hey we're back with the fabulous Kim Wilson for the next part of our interview. Take it away Kim.

Me: What films upon first viewing did you not like, then later on when re-watching them, loved them?

Kim: I usually know right away if I like or dislike something and I rarely change my mind. However, there is one film that I did change my mind about (although it isn’t really a classic, classic film): Pulp Fiction. When I first saw it I was like, “What the hell?” Yet, after I watched it a couple of times I came to appreciate it more.


Me: I see. I think I'm in the same boat as you. I usually know immediately if I like something or not. One film that stands out for me is Some Like It Hot. The first time I saw that film, I was like, this is one of the greatest comedies ever made? I don't see it. But upon repeat viewings it is one of my favorite films of all time.


 Me: Describe the perfect way for you to watch a classic film.

 Kim: Apparel: a pair of sweats and a t-shirt.


Food: none—I must concentrate!

Situation: Either alone in my home or with people who appreciate classic films and don’t make stupid comments or ask way too many questions.

Me: I like being very comfortable as well.


Me: How many friends, family member or co-workers share your love of classic films?


Kim: My mom likes old weepies and comedies. My dad likes old westerns and war movies. My brothers like a few flicks from the 70s onwards, but that’s about it. I have many friends who know a lot about film, so I never lack for conversation on this topic. Oh, and I have a sister-in-law who loves Marilyn Monroe but hasn’t ever seen one of her films—how weird is that?!!!


Me: Cool. Not too many of my family or friends like classic films. My wife has recently started to enjoy them. And there are a few co-workers of mine who I can talk to about them but that's about it.

 
Me: What is your favorite time period: the 20's, 30's, 40's, 50's or 60's?

Kim: Probably the 1940s

Me: That's a pretty good decade. Mine fave is the 30's though.

So that's wraps up part two of my interview with Kim. Please come back in a few days for part three.





3 comments:

Irene Palfy said...

LOVE the Elizabeth Taylor picture, Monty..

Nice to learn more about you, Kim!

Dawn said...

Not a fan of Pulp Fiction. I still think... “What the hell?” :)

Patti said...

I am SO with you, Kim, on the watching a movie without commentary and questions. I even get upset if 2 members of my family talk to each other, as it distracts me from what is being said. And I'm one of those people who wants to hear EVERY word, so I end up doing alot of rewinding.

Quiet, please...right, Kim?

Thanks for sharing!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails