SIMPLY CAROLE

SIMPLY CAROLE
CAROLE LOMBARD - My Favorite Actress

Wednesday, December 21, 2011

2012 Preview for ALL GOOD THINGS

Yep...Monty has asked me to be one of his classic movie goddesses! YAY!

I think 2012 is poised to be a great year for my blog. Well I hope it will. Just wanted to highlight some of the things I will be doing once the new year rings in. Some notable actresses who will be the classic movie goddesses in 2012 include Lauren Bacall, Rita Hayworth, Anne Baxter, Joan Crawford and Greta Garbo. I will have some distinguished guests in the form of Emily from The Silver Screen Affair, Becky of Classic Becky's Brain Food and Alicia Garbo of British Beauties. And plenty more friends and bloggers showing up this year. My yearly favorite Classic Film Actress tourney returns with a bigger and bolder tournament. It goes from 64 to 128 contestants, spread out over 4 blogs. Helping me will be John of Mythical Monkey (who handles the 30’s portion) and Desiree of Rosalind Russell (who handles the 40’s portion). I will take care of the 50’s and 60’s on my blog All Good Things and Noir and Chick Flicks (thanks Dawn for allowing me to hold part of the tournament there). I will continue with the weekly classic stars match play as well, which has proven to be fun. And of course the usual film reviews, theme picture series (At The Beach), Classic Horror Movie Festival, From Then To Now, If It’s Tuesday Then It Must Be Grace Kelly, and so much more.

And I hope to do some spotlights on actors too. Up first will be William Holden (that will make Patti happy). So expect good things in 2012 here on All Good Things. Meanwhile over on my other blog, Screwball Cinema, I know I have kind of slacked off over there, but I promise to get things fired up and going again. I’m thinking about doing a tournament over there, sometime in the summer. And doing more reviews as well. So here’s to a great year not just for me and my blogs, but for everyone else too and that we all have just an amazing time!

3 comments:

Dawn said...

Wow Monty, sounds like a very entertaining year here at AGT..

Patti said...

Oh, YES, Patti will be very happy!! Anytime The Golden Boy is mentioned, she gets giddy!!!

You have an awesome blog, Monty, and, wow, it is only going to be getting better. Those huge tourneys will be loads of fun!!

Irene Palfy said...

Love the Anne Baxter picture!! I can understand that she is proud to be one of your goddesses.. If you're a goddess here than sure have made it, ladies..

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails