SIMPLY CAROLE

SIMPLY CAROLE
CAROLE LOMBARD - My Favorite Actress

Tuesday, December 20, 2011

TCM honors Irene Dunne today with a slew of her films celebrating her birthday

My second favorite actress of all time, Irene Dunne is being honored on TCM with 8 of her films today. It is Irene's birthday and TCM pulls out all the stops. Beginning at 6:45 am EST with the western Cimarron. Followed by Thirteen Women, Ann Vickers, No Other Woman, The Age Of Innocence, Stingaree, My Favorite Wife and I Remember Mama. Pretty good selections. You may wonder where Penny Serenade is...well it was on yesterday morning. Regardless this is an impressive line-up and I will be able to catch I Remember Mama. I've only seen that film once and it's been at least 10 years when I last saw it. Can't wait to see it again. So Happy Birthday Irene! And I hope classic movie lovers will get to see at least one of her films today.
Pull up a chair and watch some of Irene's best movies today on TCM

1 comment:

Patti said...

As you already know, I totally love Penny Serenade. It's in my top 6 movies of all time. Irene was really wonderful in that.

I have never seen "I Remember Mama." What did you think of it?

By the way, I LOVE that the fabulous Gary Cooper is now on your list...and at 15! Way to go, Coop!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails