SIMPLY CAROLE

SIMPLY CAROLE
CAROLE LOMBARD - My Favorite Actress

Thursday, December 1, 2011

Be My Guest - Clara (Part 1)

A new month means a new guest. And here from Via Margutta 51 is Clara. So let's jump right in, shall we?

Monty: Name at least 10 of your favorite classic stars. Can be as many as you want, but at least 10.




Clara: Audrey Hepburn, Cary Grant, Rosalind Russell, Errol Flynn, Gary Cooper, Myrna Loy, Maureen O'Hara, Burt Lancaster, Barbara Stanwyck, Vivien Leigh, Hayley Mills, Paul Newman, Carole Lombard, Robert Mitchum, Jean Arthur, Marlene Dietrich...I have a lot of favorites really :)

Monty: Great choices Clara. I believe you are my first guest to count Hayley Mills as one of your favorites. Cool!
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Monty: Name at least 10 of your favorite classic movies. Once again can be as many as you want, but at least 10.



Clara: In alphabetical order: All about Eve, Ben - Hur, Blonde Venus, Breakfast at Tifanny's, Charade, Gone with the wind, His Girl Friday, Holiday, I remember mama, In name only, Les demoiselles de Rochefort, Most of the films directed by Hitchcok, Mr. Deeds Goes to Town, Ninotchka, Roman Holiday, The night of the hunter, The night of the iguana, The Quiet Man, The Searchers, The Thin Man, The Sound of Music, To have and have not, Witness for the Prosecution...ETC.


Monty: All About Eve is my favorite Bette movie!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Monty:  Describe your first classic movie experience. Like where did you watch it..with who, what film was it, etc...







Clara: Mmmm...Probably some classic with my family like "Gone with the wind" or "The Sound of Music" or "Bambi"...I can't remember, but I do remember the first time I saw an old movie and completely fell in love with the classics. It was a few years ago, at university. A teacher made us watch "Vertigo" in class. I remember being completely absorbed by the story and just wanting to watch more movies from Hitch...which I did very soon. Then the other milestone was when I decided to watch an old movie by myself, "Breakfast at Tiffany's" and realizing that these old stars could be UTTERLY cool and worth watching.


Monty: Awesome Clara! I remember my English teacher made us watch Rebecca in class and we thought we were going to hate it but it was a great movie.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Monty: Describe your perfect way to watch a movie.




 
Clara: It depends on the mood I'm in. Sometimes I enjoy watching movies with my family using the video projector; others I need to watch them at night, in my room, with my little brother or by myself. I can focus just in the film that way. I don't like watching old movies with people my age, they don't completely get them.


Monty: Ok, I had to throw in a fun pic...I will be back soon with part 2 of my interview with Clara. And please stop by to check out her wonderful blog if you haven't already. Here's the link:
Via Margutta 51

4 comments:

Patti said...

Thanks for sharing, Clara! It's nice to get to know you.

Isn't it funny how we can remember exactly when we came to the realization that classic movies weren't just some old horrible relics!! And we all seem to have been astounded by that shocking discovery.

Thanks again,
Patti

Rick29 said...

Yeah for listing Hayley Mills! She's in three of my 100 favorites: THE PARENT TRAP, WHISTLE DOWN THE WIND, and POLLYANNA. Kudos, too, Clara for including THE NIGHT OF THE IGUANA, an underrated films with superb performances from Deborah Kerr and Richard Burton.

Irene Palfy said...

Great! Someonw who likes Marlene Dietrich, too! ;")

Laura said...

Very fun! I always enjoy your "Guest" interviews, Monty. It's a great way to get to know other bloggers.

THE SOUND OF MUSIC is one of my favorites too, Clara...it was the second movie I ever saw in a theater!

Best wishes,
Laura

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails