SIMPLY CAROLE

SIMPLY CAROLE
CAROLE LOMBARD - My Favorite Actress

Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Be My Guest - Clara (Part 2)

We're back for the next set of questions for my friend Clara. Here we go:

Monty: What is your favorite classic movie decade: the 20's, 30's, 40's, 50's or 60's?

























Clara: The thirties. Of course I have favorite films from other decades, but most of the films I like were made in this decade. It's an awesome time, because it starts like leaving behind most of the problems with silent films (I just like a few of them), experimenting, fixing issues like creepy make-up and lighting, etc. and it ends with an awesome year were a lot of memorable classics were made.

Monty: The 30's are my favorite decade as well Clara.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


Monty: Name a few of your favorite modern stars.

Clara: In no particular order: Tom Hanks AND Meg Ryan (those count as one), Emily Blunt, Brad Pitt, Hugh Jackman, Meryl Streep, Kate Winslet, Colin Firth, Cate Blanchett, Jodie Foster, Steve Carrell (loved him in "Dan in Real Life"), Gerard Butler, Marion Cotillard....I guess people like Sean Connery, Al Pacino and Anthony Hopkins count as "classic" actors.


Monty: Ahhh, the Jackman. And Hanks, Ryan, Winslet, Blanchett, Cotillard, Foster and Streep are some of my favorites too.



------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Monty: Name a few of your favorite modern films.


Clara: Random: "Kill Bill", "13 going on 30", "Scoop", "Dan in real life", "La Mome", "Miss Pettigrew Lives for a Day", "The Holiday", "Fried Green Tomatoes", "You've got mail", "The painted veil", "Grey Gardens" (both the doc and the movie), "A league of their own", "Legends of the fall", "Meet Joe Black", "Something's Gotta Five"....


Kids: "Wild hearts can't be broken", most of Disney/Pixar films ("Finding Nemo", "Tangled", etc), everything Studio Ghibli releases (I have to highlight one of the less known, "Only Yesterday"), etc.

Monty: The Holiday and A League of Their Own are two of my personal favorites.


-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


Monty: What are some of your favorite movie quotes?
Strother Martin from Cool Hand Luke


Clara: I'm really bad a remembering things in general, but here are some quotes I remember:

Frankly, my dear, I don't give a damn


Life is a banquet and most poor suckers are starving to death!


Waiter, will you serve the nuts? I mean, will you serve the guests the nuts?


The murderer is right in this room. Sitting at this table. You may serve the fish.


What we've got here is failure to communicate.


Damn, I know there a million quotes I've loved, but I can't remember. I shared some more in this post (link = http://via-51.blogspot.com/2010/08/day-17-favorite-line-from-film.html), they were too long to copy in here.


Monty: Some great quotes you pulled from the top of your head there Clara. We will soon return with part 3 of Clara's guest interview.

1 comment:

Patti said...

Thanks to Clara for sharing her a bit about herself!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails