SIMPLY CAROLE

SIMPLY CAROLE
CAROLE LOMBARD - My Favorite Actress

Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Classic Stars Match Play #10 - Carole Lombard vs Jean Arthur

Well my favorite actress Carole Lombard returns to match play to take on Jean Arthur, who is appearing for the first time. It was a major oversight on my part that Jean was not a part of my favorite classic actress tournament earlier this year. I'm anxious to see this matchup of these two women who are hailed as screwball comedy queens. Carole who rocked in such films as Twentieth Century, Nothing Sacred, My Man Godfrey and To Be Or Not To Be. While Jean was hilarious in Easy Living, The Devil And Miss Jones, You Can't Take It With You and The More The Merrier. So this should be a great match. The match begins immediately and runs through Sunday 5 pm EST.

CAROLE LOMBARD

Looks like Carole is brushing up on her
competition with a little reading


Name: Jane Alice Peters
Birth Date: October 6, 1908 (Fort Wayne, Indiana)
Height: 5' 2"
Academy Awards: only one nomination for My Man Godfrey...are you kidding me?
Monties: 4 nominations, 1 win - Best Actress (My Man Godfrey - 1936)
My favorite Carole film: Mr. and Mrs. Smith
Match Play record: 3-1 (beat Ginger Rogers, Marlene Dietrich and Myrna Loy before losing to Irene Dunne 58-43 in the 30's era of the favorite classic actress tournament)


CLASSIC STARS MATCH PLAY

JEAN ARTHUR

Jean prepares for her match by taking in some minature golf


Name: Gladys Georgianna Greene
Birth Date: October 17, 1900 (Plattsburgh, New York)
Height: 5' 3"
Academy Awards: another shocker..only 1 nomination (The More The Merrier)
Monties: 2 nominations, 1 win - Best Actress (You Can't Take It With You - 1937)
Match Play record: 0-0..this is Jean's first match

2 comments:

Renata said...

Monty, you know I adore Carole but I also love Jean and I am sure that Carole will win anyway so I'll vote for Jean this time ok? =D

Both ladies were AWESOMEEEE!

Anna said...

Tough one! Love them both!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails