SIMPLY CAROLE

SIMPLY CAROLE
CAROLE LOMBARD - My Favorite Actress

Monday, November 14, 2011

Deborah Kerr in THE INNOCENTS (1961)





Deborah Kerr is top-notch as a spinster governess who must fight the spirits of her dead predecessor and lover for the souls of two orphan children. A classic thriller from 1961that uses superb cinematography and lighting effects for maximum chills. One of the best ghost films of all time. Deborah is in top form as the governess who slowly begins to believe that something is amiss. I truly believe this to be one of her best performances ever. And definitely a must see.

Film: B+
Deborah's performance: A

2 comments:

Laura said...

Kerr and young Martin Stephens give two of the most surprisingly intense, engrossing performances I've ever seen--certainly among the best for the horror genre.

Patti said...

This is definitely a no-can-do movie for me. I absolutely cannot do horror/terror. I am very much a wimp and have spent over three decades of my life horribly bound by fear. I CAN do mild suspense, but movies like this one really shake me up.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails