SIMPLY CAROLE

SIMPLY CAROLE
CAROLE LOMBARD - My Favorite Actress

Wednesday, April 4, 2012

The Morning Movie: THE TUNNEL OF LOVE (1958)


As I was getting ready for work this morning, I caught some of The Tunnel Of Love on TCM. Part of Doris Day week, this cute little comedy co-starred Richard Widmark. Yes, Richard Widmark, more known for dramas and crime thrillers, he was in this little comedy with Doris. And guess what, he was pretty funny. The story from what I gathered invovles a couple (Day and Widmark) trying to adopt a baby. Through a series of misunderstandings, the wife thinks her husband is cheating on her and has another woman pregnant. Lots of confusion takes place in this movie, but it all works itself out by the end. I laughed quite a bit while watching it this morning. But now I need to see the first part, as I missed about 30 minutes of it.

Doris and Richard as the wonderfully named Isolde and Augie Poole

1 comment:

ClassicBecky said...

Monty, I'm such a Richard Widmark lover I don't care what kind of movie he is in - what a man! That poster is great -- the girl in the gold dress, you know, the extremely curvy one -- I assume that's Gia Scala. Am I right?-

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails