SIMPLY CAROLE

SIMPLY CAROLE
CAROLE LOMBARD - My Favorite Actress

Monday, June 6, 2011

Be My Guest - Irene (Question No. 3) Describe your first classic movie experience

3. Describe your first classic movie experience.



Actually I cannot remember which my first classic film was.


I recall watching some Errol Flynn films with my father - esp. THE ADVENTURES OF ROBIN HOOD (1938) – and films with Tyrone Power, jr. and John Wayne-western – and THE RAVEN with Vincent Price, of course..
So my first experiences were swashbucklers and western – which I still love.
Than I discovered Musicals – Gene Kelly, you know?
So started to tape every musical and other classic film there was on TV. My life suddenly became Technicolor. :”)

3 comments:

Cirano said...

My first classic is Ben Hur...from italy!

Irene Palfy who loves Knights in SHINING armors.. said...

Haha! I LOVE these pictures! Thank you so much!

I discovered only three years ago that Errol Flynn is the only Robin Hood I know, whose suit sparkles.. :") ~ Takes a real man to run through woods and glisten like Tinkerbell. I simply adore this guy! ~

Desiree said...

"My life suddenly became Technicolor." Haha... :) My parents, even though they're not fans, introduced me to my very first ones too ;)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails