SIMPLY CAROLE

SIMPLY CAROLE
CAROLE LOMBARD - My Favorite Actress

Wednesday, June 22, 2011

On pace for a record year of going to the movies.....


Jack Nicholson & Tom Cruise in A Few Good Men
Sharon Stone
Hawkeye
Death Becomes Her
Joe Pesci and Marisa Tomei
Back in 1992, which I remember like it was yesterday; I did something that I thought I would never do again. I went to the theaters an amazing 36 times to watch movies. An average of 3 films a month. And it was not like that year was anything special but I was 22 and stationed in Germany in the army at the time. And the one thing we did on a regular basis was go to the movies. Some of the films from that year that I saw included Batman Returns, Basic Instinct, A Few Good Men (my favorite of the year), Patriot Games, Alien 3, Single White Female, White Men Can't Jump, Unlawful Entry, Bram Stoker’s Dracula, Lethal Weapon 3, Aladdin, My Cousin Vinny, The Last of The Mohicans, Death Becomes Her, Singles (my second favorite film of the year) and A League of Their Own to name just a few. Looking back that was a pretty good year. And that record held forever. There were other years where I topped the 30 films mark but that was rare. Well, now in 2011, I am actually on pace to beat what I thought was an unreachable record. And you think with the higher ticket prices and the quality of films Hollywood has been cranking out over the last few years, this would not happen. But as of June 20th, I’ve been to the movies 16 times. Seeing such notable films like Bridesmaids, X-Men: First Class, The Hangover 2, Thor, Fast Five, Pirates of the Caribbean and others. And based on what upcoming films I plan to see by the time summer is over, I will be sitting at around 25 films. So unless I cool off dramatically, it looks like I will set a new record for most movies seen at the theaters. Count me surprised. And I know some people may be like Monty actually tracked how many movies he saw when he was 22? Yes, no girlfriend and plenty of spare time. And I was and still am a full time comic book geek, so yeah I was counting stuff like that. That’s just me. And I still do it to this day. So if anyone is interested, I will be on a countdown watch for what I think is a cool record. But like I said, I might be the only one who cares about it.

*Actually I went to the theaters well over 40 times because I saw several of these films more than once.
A Vampire's Kiss
Aladdin & Jasmine
Single White Female

Singles

5 comments:

Irene Palfy said...

Haha! That's great! Goooo, Monty! ;")

Anonymous said...

I love "A League of Their Own"! They really make the actresses up really well to look like 1940s women. It always drove me nuts in 1960s war movies when the women are supposed to look like they are in the 1940s but they have miniskirts and boufants lol.

There have been alot of good movies this summer! I just haven't gotten to see many, I did enjoy Thor :)

Sophie said...

Wow! Very Impressive! I haven't been to the pictures that many times in my life, let alone in a year. The only film I've been to see this year was The King's Speech (and that was the first year I'd been to the pictures since Wallace and Gromit: The Curst of the Were-Rabbit back in 2005/2006.) :)

Desiree said...

Wowww, that's a really great record! I don't think I went to the movies that many times that year since I was only 3 at the time :D But really, I've never gone to the movies that much in one year. In recent years, I hardly go because not a lot of movies attract me and they are so darn expensive! :(

Ginger said...

A Few Good Men...an excellent movie!!

I hardly ever go to the movie theater... there just aren't a lot of films that attract me and even if there are, I usually just wait until it comes out on DVD. I think I've been four times in the last five years. I wanted to see the new Pirates movie but I'm not paying $11 a ticket! lol

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails