SIMPLY CAROLE

SIMPLY CAROLE
CAROLE LOMBARD - My Favorite Actress

Friday, June 10, 2011

Round Two of the Classic Movie Actor Tournament (1940's Era) is underway

Here are the matches for the second round of the 40's bracket. It will run through Sunday night 10 PM EST.
Good luck to all the actors involved, especially my favorite Cary Grant and the darkhorse Robert Mongtomery.

1 CARY GRANT






















VS


9 JOEL MCCREA


------------------------------

5 GARY COOPER

























VS


13 ROBERT MONTGOMERY
























---------------------------------

2 HUMPHREY BOGART






















VS

7 HENRY FONDA




















----------------------------------

3 JAMES STEWART





















VS

6 GREGORY PECK

3 comments:

Ginger said...

James Stewart vs. Gregory Peck! That is a HORRIBLE choice! lol my two favorite leading men.

The Lady Eve said...

I adore Joel McCrea - but up against the fabulous Cary...oh no!! Cooper should easily top Montgomery and Bogart ought to best Fonda (as great an actor as HF is - he's up against the monolithic BOGIE). The interesting contest is Stewart vs. Peck. Jefferson Smith against Atticus Finch...a fine competition...

Patti said...

I'm with Ginger...Stewart vs. Peck is a nearly-impossible choice. And, I'm also with The Lady Eve on Joel McCrea...like him alot, but against Cary...

And you know, Monty, the darkhorse Montgomery is up against my guy Coop, so I cannot be pulling for the darkhorse this time around. Though, as of now, that is the only race that is close, which surprises me. There must be plenty more Montgomery fans than I ever realized (after all, he beat out the legendary Spencer Tracy).

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails