SIMPLY CAROLE

SIMPLY CAROLE
CAROLE LOMBARD - My Favorite Actress

Friday, April 8, 2011

The 60's are coming back to ALL GOOD THINGS in JULY

The 1960’s is my second favorite decade in terms of film. Just behind the 1930’s, when screwball comedies, my favorite genre, were at their zenith. I plan to do a six part series in July discussing that wonderful decade. Breaking down my favorite films, TV series, actors, actresses, directors and so on. Plus giving my thoughts on that decade in general. It will be my main feature for the entire month of July. I hope everyone will stop by and spend some time with me talking about All Good Things, 60’s style. The decade that changed everything from music to clothes to film. It will be the summer of love and fun. James Bond, Cleopatra, Natalie Wood, Valley of the Dolls, Paul Newman, Guess Who's Coming to Dinner, Sharon Tate, The Graduate, Beach Blanket Bingo, British "Kitchen sink" films, That Girl, Elizabeth Montgomery, I SPY, The Wild Bunch, Raquel Welch, Julie Andrews, Bullitt, Gilligan's Island, Dr. Strangelove, Elvis, Ann-Margret, Dean Martin, Star Trek, Hammer Horror Films, The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly, Psycho, The Avengers, Brigitte Bardot and tons more. In fact the more I think about it, it may take more than six parts to tell the tale. We'll see, but I promise it will be a fun ride.

3 comments:

Desiree said...

Ooooh wonderful :) I especially like "The Apartment."

Irene Palfy said...

This will be awesome! Some of my favourite films are from the 60ies - and many of my favourite TV series.. ;")

So far I can say: This is going to be my favourite blog this year!! :")

Dawn said...

Groovy!! I cant wait to see what you have planned for July.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails