SIMPLY CAROLE

SIMPLY CAROLE
CAROLE LOMBARD - My Favorite Actress

Monday, April 11, 2011

Personal Quotes by Betty Grable

Here are some personal quotes by Ms. Grable:

The woman's vision is deep-reaching, the man's far-reaching. With the man the world is his heart, with the woman the heart is her world.



You're better off betting on a horse than betting on a man. A horse may not be able to hold you tight, but he doesn't wanna wander from the stable at night.


There are two reasons why I am successful in show business and I am standing on both of them.


It's loud, it's cheap, it's gaudy. It's like everything I've ever done - I LOVE IT!


I'm strictly an enlisted man's girl.

I'm a song-and-dance girl. I can act enough to get by. But that's the limit of my talents.

The practice of putting women on pedestals began to die out when it was discovered that they could give orders better from there.

[on Alice Faye] Alice is a darling. Everybody loves her.

There's nothing mysterious about me.

My legs made me.

[On Marilyn Monroe] It may sound peculiar to say so, because she is no longer with us, but we were very close. Once when we were doing that picture How to Marry a Millionaire (1953) together, I got a call on the set: my younger daughter had had a fall. I ran home and the one person to call was Marilyn. She did an awful lot to boost things up for movies when everything was at a low state; there'll never be anyone like her for looks, for attitude, for all of it.

2 comments:

Audrey said...

I think Betty was a little too humble about her own talents. :) She sounds like a sweetie, though.

VP81955 said...

The story goes that at one time Betty and Lana Turner were so frequently mistaken for each other that they agreed to sign each other's autograph when it happened.

As for Betty, it was her innate likability -- in addition to those legs -- that made her Fox's biggest star of the forties.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails