SIMPLY CAROLE

SIMPLY CAROLE
CAROLE LOMBARD - My Favorite Actress

Sunday, April 24, 2011

A New Blog Everyone Should Be Following: Pre-Code Vixen

Came across another wonderful new blog called Pre-Code Vixen. The author is Nicole Loeser, and I met her on Facebook at FlickChick's FB page. We were commenting on FlickChick's topic of the day, which was movie hats, in honor of those fabulous Easter hats. I will let Nicole explain to you in her own words about her blog:

I would like to welcome you all to my little corner of the blogosphere, where I intend to share my passion of classic film, with an particular emphasis on pre-code film with you all. If you are unfamiliar with pre-code film, it is that special era of film making, starting in 1929 with the beginning of the talkies, and ending in July of 1934, when the 1930 Hays Code was given teeth. The reason for my love of this era, is that as a modern viewer these films go against the grain of what we usually think of “the good old days”, and deal with issues in a way they weren’t dealt with again, until 25 to 30 years later. Through film reviews, star profiles, character profiles, photos and much more, I will share my passion for these films with you all, and I hope you enjoy.

It is a new blog that she just started back in March, so she doesn't have too many followers yet. I promised her I would get the word on her terrific blog. I especially enjoyed her recent post on Miriam Hopkins. So please drop by and check out Nicole's new blog. Here is the link below:
http://precodevixen.blogspot.com/

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails