SIMPLY CAROLE

SIMPLY CAROLE
CAROLE LOMBARD - My Favorite Actress

Thursday, April 14, 2011

TCM is 17 years old today...Happy Birthday!

My favorite TV channel turns 17 today as TCM celebrates it's birthday. Easily the best channel currently on TV now, always good programming. So if you were the guest programmer today, what 4 movies would you play on TCM? I would show the comedies His Girl Friday, The Seven Year Itch, My Favorite Wife, and then one Elizabeth Taylor movie - Cat On A Hot Tin Roof.

4 comments:

Kalli said...

I would show Some Like it Hot, Rear Window, Rebel Without a Cause, and The Innocents or North by Northwest. I love TCM!

Patti said...

Yes, I agree, TCM is totally the best channel!! And because it's there, people like you and me, and others born after Hollywood's golden years, get a chance to see all those beautiful classic movies.

Okay, I am going to show some movies that I've never seen but really want to see...and that TCM seldom (if ever) has on their schedule...

Middle of the Night (Fredric March/Kim Novak) Another Man's Poison (Bette Davis/Gary Merrill)
Souls at Sea (Gary Cooper/George Raft)
Hers to Hold (Deanna Durbin/Joseph Cotten)

Desiree said...

I had no idea TCM was around when I was 5 years old... that's pretty cool. 3 of your picks are some of my favorite movies. His Girl Friday, My Favorite Wife, and Cat on a Hot Tin Roof.

I'd probably go for four comedies because I love to laugh more than anything else: Auntie Mame, After the Thin Man, Bringing Up Baby and The Awful Truth!

VP81955 said...

Tough decision...how about:

"Hands Across The Table" (Carole Lombard's my all-time favorite actress, and this one deserves more recognition than it gets)

"Libeled Lady" (spectacular cast)

"The Smiling Lieutenant" (classic Lubitsch -- jazz up your lingerie!)

"Show People" (one of the funniest silents ever)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails