SIMPLY CAROLE

SIMPLY CAROLE
CAROLE LOMBARD - My Favorite Actress

Monday, October 17, 2011

Birthday Roll Call: October 17th

I was amazed at how many classic stars were celebrating birthdays today. I just thought Rita Hayworth was the only one but there are tons more. I did a post for Jean Arthur over on my Screwball Cinema, so I'm listing all the other stars who are also celebrating their birthday today. Here we go:

MONTGOMERY CLIFT (1920-1966)
Montgomery Clift

Notable films: From Here To Eternity, The Heiress, Raintree Country

JULIE ADAMS (1926 - present)
Julie Adams

Notable films: The Creature From The Black Lagoon, Away All Boats


IRENE RYAN (1902 - 1973)
Irene Ryan

Notable films/TV: The Beverly Hillbillies, My Dear Secretary, The Woman on The Beach


BEVERLY GARLAND (1926 - 2008)
Beverly Garland
Notable films/TV: My Three Sons, Decoy


SPRING BYINGTON (1886 - 1971)
Spring Byington
Notable films: Meet John Doe, You Can't Take It With You, The Devil and Miss Jones

3 comments:

Patti said...

You know I love Monty. He's been my #3 guy for a long time; however, just recently, I pushed him down to 4, because with all the Robert Ryan I've been watching, Ryan had to move up from #6. So, Monty's now my #4 guy...which is still very high on my list. My favorite of his films is A Place in the Sun, which is about my #3 movie of all time.

I will be watching Lonelyhearts in celebration of Monty's birthday. It's one of his post-accident works, so it makes me sad to watch it since his face was so altered by his accident. But he's still a very good actor, and since #3 guy Robert Ryan stars in this one with him, that makes it even better.

Have a great evening,
Patti

Kalli said...

Today is my half-birthday! haha I like it more than my actual birthday because something strange or bad usually occurs on my birthday.

Anonymous said...

Monty è stato un attore divino. Uno dei migliori che abbia mai calcato le scene. Recitava con una poesia e una intensità mai viste.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails