SIMPLY CAROLE

SIMPLY CAROLE
CAROLE LOMBARD - My Favorite Actress

Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Classic Horror Films: Day 12 (The Uncanny - 1977)

To write a post for my blogs (and/or a guest post for this blog) all I need is a film I can somehow relate to, my laptop, an angle to build my post up on - and a cat sitting next to me or on my lap - and maybe a big cup of hot black coffee in reach. All these things are given in this moment - also my Mina is sitting here and looking at me - obstinately.. I.. It's a bit.. hm..

Anyway.. Let's start:

All one needs for a nice horror film is:

Donald Pleasence, Peter Cushing, Ray Milland, at least one pretty girl - and many, many cats..

Of course I am talking about:
The Uncanny (1977)

Montreal ca. 1977: Wilbur Gray (Peter Cushing) tries to sell his book to Frank Richards (Ray Milland) - it is about cats.
Gray's theory is that cats are EVIL but Richards isn't convinced - so Gray tells him three stories about the diabolicalness of cats..

What can I say? I love that film.

I love that Ray Milland's character lives with a fluffy white persian (tom) cat called Sugar.

I love that Peter Cushing is talking to Sugar (that man is sooo marvellous..) - and explains to Ray Milland that cats are controlling people.. (... ...)

You'll see a little blood and some not so pretty death bodies..

- speaking of prettiness: I think Susan Penhaligon is certainly one of the prettiest girls of the mid to late 1970's - well in the beginning of her sequence she is.. ahem..

Anyway.. ...

I.. ..I gotta go.. ..gotta feed my cats.. ..gotta feed them real good food.. ..

3 comments:

Dhiraj said...

Excellent blog. I will implement some of the design ideas. Thanks

monty said...

Love the style of this post Irene. Very cool.

Irene Palfy said...

Thank you, Monty.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails