SIMPLY CAROLE

SIMPLY CAROLE
CAROLE LOMBARD - My Favorite Actress

Friday, October 14, 2011

A Childhood Halloween Tradition

Vera Miles as Lila Crane
This would be my cousin screaming her head off during our Halloween
movie marathons from my childhood...

During this month I have been watching a lot of horror movies...classic and modern. This being the month which has Halloween in it, makes it the perfect occassion. I remember back to my days as a young teen around 13 or 14 where we had this annual tradition every Halloween of watching scary movies. My mom is a die hard horror movie fan. Loves them like crazy. And my cousin who is 4 years older than me, she loves them too. Problem was, she scared real easy. As it happens she lived on the same street as me and my family. And every Halloween back then HBO or Cinemax would have a horror-thon of scary movies all night long. We had those channels but my cousin did not. So every Halloween she would spend the night with us to watch as many horror movies as she could. Which at the time would consist of the Halloween, Friday the 13th, A Nightmare on Elm Street movies and so forth. Every now and then we would throw in a classic like Psycho or The Exorcist. We did this for like 3 or 4 years. It was great when Halloween fell on the weekend as we stayed up all night long. I remember Carmen, my cousin, always screaming and pulling on my arm. I thought she was going to pull it out  of my socket. She would scream and call out my mom's name. Sometimes cover her eyes when it got too much for her to handle. It was a wild time. And then after we watched the last movie, I had to walk my cousin home as she was afraid that she might get attacked by Jason or Freddy. Now mind you, she was 18 or 19 at the time. But I didn't mind. I fondly look back at those times as great memories. My sisters did not join in because they were much younger than me at the time and wasn't ready for horror movies. But me, my mom and my cousin had some great Halloweens watching movies and staying up late.

1 comment:

Irene Palfy said...

Thank you for sharing your memories, Monty.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails