SIMPLY CAROLE

SIMPLY CAROLE
CAROLE LOMBARD - My Favorite Actress

Thursday, October 27, 2011

Happy Birthday Teresa Wright (1918 - 2005)


Happy Birthday to Teresa Wright, one of my favorite actresses. Best known for playing nice, young women and always seemed to look on the bright side of things, no matter what. Her films include Shadow Of A Doubt, The Pride of the Yankees, The Best Years of Our Lives, Mrs. Miniver and The Little Foxes. Teresa passed away at the age of 86 of a heart attack. TCM is airing several of her movies today in honor of her birthday including The Little Foxes (on right now as I post this), Casanova Brown and Enchantment. Try to watch at least one of her films today. I plan to watch Mrs. Miniver when I get home today from work. Happy Birthday Teresa!

5 comments:

Irene Palfy said...

Oh! One of my favourites, too!! Lovely pictures you chose, Monty!

Naomi said...

Happy Birthday,Teresa Wright too!!I'd like to watch her movies as soon as I can.

The Lady Eve said...

I haven't seen the photo at the top of your post before - lovely!!! Such a talented actress - Teresa Wright deserves more appreciation than she generally gets today. What a string of films she began her movie career with: "The Little Foxes," "Mrs. Miniver," "The Pride of the Yankees," "Shadow of a Doubt," "The Best Years of Our Lives" - plus she was an Oscar-winner with other Oscar and Emmy nominations. One of a kind.

KC said...

These pictures are beautiful! I've always thought she had such a charming smile. So gentle and kind.

Desiree said...

Didn't know it was her birthday! Sorry I missed it, but happy, happy birthday, Teresa! Adore her so much and love the pictures you used. I've seen her in all the movies you mentioned except Shadow of a Doubt, which I know I really have to see.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails