SIMPLY CAROLE

SIMPLY CAROLE
CAROLE LOMBARD - My Favorite Actress

Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Favorite Alfred Hitchcock Film Tournament (October 17th - November 6th)



October is the perfect time for The Alfred Hitchcock Film Tournament. Everyone knows how I
love doing tournaments and they seem to have a lot of fan support. So once I wrap up the
favorite classic musical film tournament for my friend Dawn over at her blog, Singin’ and Dancing
Back In Time, I will kick off this new tournament. I have chosen 32 of Hitch’s films and will have
them broken down into four different eras: the 30’s, the 40’s, the 50’s and the 60’s. Eight films
per era and there was one small concession I had to make. He didn’t make enough films in the
60’s so I had to add the 2 films he did in the 70’s – Frenzy and Family Plot. And I was still short by one.

So since North By Northwest came out in 1959, I just put it in the 60’s era. That was the only way to keep things right and have the tournament work out with the number of matches evenly. So the tournament will begin on Monday, October 17th with the 30’s and 40’s matches for that whole week. Then the week of the 24th, the eras of the 50’s and 60’s will take place. And finally during Halloween week, we will have our final four to decide the favorite Hitchcock film here on All Good Things. Please join me for this exciting event. I will post the list of matches over the next few days.

7 comments:

Patti said...

Another fabulous idea from the brain of Monty. You are SO creative and always come up with so many ways for us to enjoy your great blog.

Looking forward to it!

Victoria said...

Oh this sounds like so much fun! I'll keep my eyes open for it:)

Irene Palfy said...

well.. this will be very interesting..

Page said...

Looking forward to it Monty. A great lead in to Halloween.
Page

Dawn said...

Monty, What a great idea... Oh no... wait... more difficult decisions. :)

Desiree said...

OMG you always have the coolest ideas for a tournament!!! This one is fantastic... can't wait!

Dhiraj said...

Hitchcock had a flair for exploiting the dramatic value of contrast. Verloc, the secret agent of Sabotage, runs an ordinary cinema hall. The characters are average people with ordinary intelligence and subdued by ordinary fears. This realism makes the haunting occurrences more shocking.
http://modernartists.blogspot.com/2011/10/alfred-hitchcock-rear-window-and-beyond.html

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails