SIMPLY CAROLE

SIMPLY CAROLE
CAROLE LOMBARD - My Favorite Actress

Monday, October 31, 2011

REAR WINDOW vs THE MAN WHO KNEW TOO MUCH in the 50's era of favorite Hitchcock Film Tournament

After having the top seeds in the 30's and 40's era advance to the final four of the favorite Hitchcock film tournament, the 50's era will not have it's top seed present. Vertigo was ousted by 5th seed The Man Who Knew Too Much 10-8 in a surprise upset. In the other match, 2nd seed Rear Window easily handled Dial M For Murder 12-3. That sets the stage for Rear Window to take on The Man Who Knew Too Much and the winner earns a trip to the final four. The match begins immediately and runs thru Wednesday 8 pm EST.

50'S ERA FINAL MATCH

2 REAR WINDOW (1954)
Grace Kelly and James Stewart



VS


5 THE MAN WHO KNEW TOO MUCH (1956)
Doris Day

3 comments:

Jandy Stone said...

Wow, I missed The Man Who Knew Too Much beating out Vertigo! How did THAT happen? Rear Window's my favorite film of all time, so this vote is easy.

Notorious didn't place in the '40s era, either, did it? That's crazy. You have some idiosyncratic readers/voters, Monty. :)

Patti said...

I've said all along that I think Rear Window will take the entire tournament...that coming from probably the ONLY classic movie fan alive (or dead!) who does not like that film.

You know me...one of your strangest readers. Not only do I not like Rear Window, but my favorite Hitch film is "I Confess"...one of only 2 of your readers who like that one.

And I've been "odd man out" on the Ty Power, Jean Harlow, and Audrey Hepburn polls as well.

Have a great day, Monty!

Irene Palfy said...

Hey, Patti! I love I, CONFESS, too - but I didn't vote on any poll.

So count a third silent admirer for that film, please..

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails