SIMPLY CAROLE

SIMPLY CAROLE
CAROLE LOMBARD - My Favorite Actress

Thursday, October 13, 2011

The Favorite Alfred Hitchcock Film Tournament - 1930's era begins today

So here's another tournament and this time it's all about Hitchcock. 32 films will be competing for favorite Hitchcock film of All Good Things. Once again I will break it down by eras: 30's, 40's, 50's, and 60's. As I stated in an earlier post, Hitch was short on films for the 60's era so I had to include his two films from the 70's, Frenzy and Family Plot. And I was still short by one, so I made North By Northwest a competitor for this era since it debuted in 1959. Each era needs an even number so the matches would break down to an eventual one film from each era. But up first is the 30's era where the matches are listed below with the top seed being The Lady Vanishes, my favorite Hitch film of all time. Matches for this era begin today appropriately enough on the 13th  and run thru Saturday 7 pm EST.

1 THE LADY VANISHES (1938)
The Lady Vanishes


VS


8 NUMBER SEVENTEEN (1932)
Number 17

-------------------------------------

4 SECRET AGENT (1936)
Secret Agent


VS



5 SABOTAGE (1936) aka THE WOMAN ALONE
Sabotage


------------------------------------

2 THE 39 STEPS (1935)
The 39 Steps

VS


7 MURDER! (1930)
File:Murder hitch.jpg

-----------------------------------------

3 THE MAN WHO KNEW TOO MUCH (1934)
The Man Who Knew Too Much

VS


6 YOUNG AND INNOCENT (1937) aka THE GIRL WAS YOUNG
Young and Innocent

6 comments:

Victoria said...

I love The Lady Vanishes and 39 Steps, I have both on dvd:) All of his movies are fantastic though, so hard to choose!

Jandy Stone said...

Oh, I'm all over this one! Hitchcock is my all-time favorite director. An easy choice, to be sure, but I can't help it. I love (almost) everything he's ever done.

Aubyn said...

Great idea for a tournament! I'm off to vote.

Patti said...

I won't be voting in this round, as I haven't seen a single one of the films. (I've seen the remake of The Man Who Knew Too Much.)

I think I know what Hitch film is going to take the ultimate prize in this tourney...I'm saying Rear Window. Anyone else think so too?

ClassicBecky said...

This is a fun one! And I bet that the winner will be "Vertigo"...

Sarah said...

Oh! I have yet to see The Lady Vanishes. My choice for the 30's from what I have seen is The 39 Steps.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails