SIMPLY CAROLE

SIMPLY CAROLE
CAROLE LOMBARD - My Favorite Actress

Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Classic Horror Films: Day 18 (THE LITTLE SHOP OF HORRORS - 1960)

Do you like silly, a bit over the top comedies – in which the characters have just great names?

And you would like to have that combined with a little monster?

How about my Horror film of the day?

The little Shop of Horrors (1960)

Seymour Krelboyne (Jonathan Haze) is working in the flower shop of Gravis Mushnick (Mel Welles). Seymour is a kind-hearted, clumsy guy – and he has a soft spot for his pretty work-mate Audrey Fulquard (Jackie Joseph).

Seymour grows a plant he calls Audrey Junior - in the beginning poor little Audrey Junior is a bit weak – but soon Seymour finds out how to make her grow: She likes blood. But soon the fast growing plant causes a sensation - and she needs more and more blood.. So she causes Seymour to bring her death bodies – fresh death bodies..


I love the musical remake of 1986 – but I love this version even a bit more - to me it seems to be a little bit more acid-tongued.

For “What did they before they were Stars?”-fans: Here you can see Jack Nicholson in his fourth film as Wilbur Force (“My first name is Wilbur. My last name is Force.”), a masochistic patient on his way to sadistic dentist Dr. Phoebus Farb (John Herman Shaner) – oh.. don’t you just adore those names?

2 comments:

Page said...

This was an insane film and one I really enjoyed doing a photo review of recently. Jack Nicholson s insane bit part stole the movie. I could watch his scene over and over.
A perfect Halloween month choice.
Page

monty said...

Ah the classic Little Shop of Horrors. Love this and even the remake was good.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails