SIMPLY CAROLE

SIMPLY CAROLE
CAROLE LOMBARD - My Favorite Actress

Thursday, October 6, 2011

IRENE DUNNE'S FILMS

These are the films of Irene Dunne I will be talking about this month. Yesterday I did The Awful Truth and here is a list of her other films which I have seen and will review and rate:

THEODORA GOES WILD (1936)
MY FAVORITE WIFE (1940)
PENNY SERENADE (1941)
A GUY NAMED JOE (1943)
ANNA AND THE KING OF SIAM (1946)
LIFE WITH FATHER (1947)
I REMEMBER MAMA (1948)
Irene, patiently waiting for me to see more of her films....

Sadly I have never seen Love Affair, Show Boat, Magnificent Obsession and some of her other great films. I know Renata is probably like are you kidding me Monty. But I am planning on seeing many more of Irene's films as soon as possible.

4 comments:

Patti said...

Oh, Magnificent Obsession is wonderful!! Definitely see that...and then compare it with the Jane Wyman/Rock Hudson remake. I love both versions equally. That is my second fave of Irene's films (after Penny Serenade).

I do need to see Love Affair again, now that I have a better appreciation for Charles Boyer.

Renata said...

OMG reallyyyy?! Monty, you've never seen Love Affair?? Wow, this is hard to believe cause it's like her 2nd most famous film haha.

I love her pre-codes too! Especially Back Street and Madame Blanche...oh, she always makes me cry in Madame Blanche =) I hope you see more films soon!

Irene Palfy said...

well.. more films to add to my to-watch-list.. thank you! (all of you)

Dawn said...

Monty, you are in for some wonderful film viewing.. All great films.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails