SIMPLY CAROLE

SIMPLY CAROLE
CAROLE LOMBARD - My Favorite Actress

Friday, October 7, 2011

Classic Horror Movies: Day 7 (THE FEARLESS VAMPIRE KILLERS - 1967)

Pardon Me But Your Teeth Are In My Neck
A truly funny and wicked film from Roman Polanski about Professor Abronsius (played by Jack MacGowran) and his dim-witted assistant Alfred (played by Polanksi himself) who travel to a remote Transylvanian village looking for vampires. While there, Alfred falls in love with the innkeeper's lovely daughter Sarah (played by the stunning Sharon Tate). But Sarah catches the eye of the quirky Count Von Krolock (played wonderfully by Ferdy Mayne, love that name). The Fearless Vampire Killers might not be for everyone but I enjoyed it for it's creativity as it mixes the two genres of horror and comedy quite well. Beautifully filmed and a great haunting music score add to this pretty cool film. Originally titled Dance of The Vampires.
The Fearless Vampire Killers, or Pardon Me but Your Teeth Are in My Neck
Actress Sharon Tate as Sarah
And this is a drawing of Sharon I did years ago...
trying to recapture her scene in the tub

3 comments:

Irene Palfy said...

Love that adding of your sketch.. awesome Film - and I love the wonderful Sharon Tate..

ClassicBecky said...

I still haven't seen this movie! Sark has recommended it, others too, but I guess I'm going to have to find the last remaining video store and try to find it. I didn't know you sketched, Monty! Hmmm...did the movie actually show that much of Sharon? LOL!

Dawn said...

Monty, I'm also going to have to find this film. As you know, I'm a huge Sharon Tate fan. Thank you for sharing the drawing she did.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails